Skip to main content

This sucks - an update.


(Scroll below for a disappointing update.)

Wittybean.com has had a challenging 24 hours. First, the website went down, which occasionally happens to the best of us. But then it came back up, said NAW DOG, and promptly croaked again.

My tech support (overworked husband) promises to get this fixed ASAP. That means tomorrow, I think. He also assures me that this is not his fault — a statement I contest hotly.

I apologize for this embarrassing faux pas, dear reader. Everything has been backed up, so your favorite content is still on there. Please check back tomorrow at wittybean.com, and all should be well. One hopes.

In the meantime, please have an espresso on me. Tell the barista to put it on my tab. It's another gorgeous day, so go ahead and have a scone too. You deserve it.  

And if you see wittybean.com in the corner, nursing a latte behind oversized sunglasses, give her this message, won’t you?

“COME BACK, RIGHT NOW, YOUNG LADY, OR YOU’RE GROUNDED!!”

Much love,

Pavi


UPDATEDespite my best efforts, tech support (husband) remains committed to NOT fixing the wittybean.com website. I threatened to write a negative yelp review, but all he did was roll his eyes and call me a “Karen.” Oh ho ho, pal, you just bought yourself a lifetime subscription to STINKEYE.


So yes. The website is still down, but battle lines have been drawn. Keep watching this space, and hopefully, all will be well soon. 


If you happen to be strolling on the pier and see wittybean.com downing mimosas, please tell her I miss her. 

“Come home, sweetheart. I promise not to yell!”  



With artfully furrowed brows,

Pavi





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls and Boys and all that noise!

In a curious case of reverse gender inequality, someone asked this question recently. Why is it considered acceptable to say “we want a baby girl”, or even “gender doesn’t matter”. If one wants a baby boy, is it still taboo to express that?

Do Mice wear shoes?

The woman hitched up her skirt and continued kneading the dough. Her kids ran around, chasing each other in a quiet pantomime of the real game. They knew too well about bruises and broken bones - presents from their father if they were too loud. The woman cast a sour glance at her husband, asleep in the corner of their shack, his skinny chicken legs peeking out from under his discolored Long Johns.   Outside, the snowstorm raged on, driving the sky to an ugly gray color.   Rather like one of my bruises, the woman thought, with a little flash of anger. She rubbed the small of her   back (which still hadn’t recovered from the “rearrangement” her husband had done two winters ago).   “Mama Mama”, a little voice squeaked next to her.   “Da, my little p rintsessa ?” “Do mice wear shoes?”   The woman didn’t know what to make of that. Mice? In this Russian winter? Her first thought was the beating her husband would give her if he noticed any holes in his sweaters. Ivan di

Adult tantrums - what to do when you start acting like a Toddler.

I’ve been feeling a little out of sorts these past few months. Maybe its this weird winter we've had this year. I’m easily annoyed and while I don’t have too many adult tantrums, I still have moments where I’m ready to scream at the most trivial thing( Thank you PMS! 😑). And it almost always happens out of the blue. I'm chugging along, with a pretty full battery, but then BAM! A series of things go awry or someone has their tenth hissy fit about their snack, and I lose it. My voice starts getting shrill and I get this crazy glint in my eyes and before you know it, I'm having a good old Adult Tantrum. I hate the way I feel, but in that moment, I'm just so frustrated that I have to expel that out.  So what helps? Not just a quick fix for the moment, but what are some sustainable ways to make me feel more in control of my emotions. Here's some fixes that work for me and maybe for you too! Its not your fault. This is a big one. With anger comes guilt, and with